CWD is a historic NFT collection containing 150 unique tokens representing important dates in bitcoin price history from 2009 –2022, to be released in mini-drops throughout 2022, of twelve new unique tokens for each successive year series. The initial sale of the tokens can be found on the Rarible Marketplace. All tokens are priced equally at 0.07 ETH.
2011 was a tough year for bitcoin. In its 3rd year, Bitcoin was on the rise, but was also plagued by theft, corruption & increasing mining costs. The Mt. Gox exchange played a major role in all of this.
The 2011 series of this collection contains twelve unique tokens highlighting these events:
- 2011-02-09 – BTC surpasses 1 Dollar
- 2011 March 1 – Mt. Gox Wallet Theft 1
- 2011 March 6th – Mt Gox Exchange Sold
- 2011 May 22nd – Mt Gox Wallet Theft 2
- 2011 June 9th – Gawker Expose on Silk Road
- 2011 June 19th – Mt. Gox Hack plummets BTC to $0.01
- 2011 July 18 – Mt. Gox Hack Shows Proof of Reserves
- 2011 August 11 – Mt. Gox Purchases Bitomat
- 2011 September 23 – Bitcoin Update Introduces Wallet Encryption Passphrase After Mt Gox Wallet Theft 3
- 2011 October 18 – Miner Capitulation – Bitcoin Plummets Costing More to Mine Than Worth
- 2011 November 23 – WIRED Publishes, The Rise and Fall of Bitcoin
- 2011 December 31 – Bitcoin Ends Year With a Boost After Good Wife TV Show Airs
Art details: Original digital hand painted motion art portraits (NOT computer generated). The ticker tape displays the historical daily price indexes recorded on this day.
Dimensions: 720 x 1080, Duration: 15 seconds
Created with Corel Painter, Adobe After Effects & Adobe Premiere
Artist: Denise Holt