2012 Series | Crypto Women Dailies NFT Collection
CWD is a historic NFT collection containing 150 unique tokens representing important dates in bitcoin price history from 2009 –2022, to be released in mini-drops throughout 2022, of twelve new unique tokens for each successive year series. The initial sale of the tokens can be found on the Rarible Marketplace. All tokens are priced equally at 0.07 ETH.
2012 was largely uneventful pricewise, with Bitcoin remaining stabilized at around $5.00, until mid-year when the price more than doubled. In its 4th year, several key events sparked restored faith and steady growth, as Bitcoin moved from hacks to legitimate business.
The 2012 series of this collection contains twelve unique tokens highlighting these events:
- 2012-01-08 – BTC Starts Year With Significant Rise
- 2012-01-17 – BTC Plunges to $4.60 before settling at $6.04
- 2012-02-18 – Payment Platform Paxum Drops Bitcoin Due to Pressure From Banks
- 2012-03-01 – Hacker Heist – Linode Hacked and Bitcoins Stolen from Gavin
- 2012-03-30 – Bitcoin Version 0.6.0 Released
- 2012-05-12 – Hack at Bitcoinica
- 2012-07-18 – Return of Double Digits
- 2012-08-17 – Pirate Ponzi Scheme Bitcoin Savings and Trust
- 2012-09-17 – Bitcoin Version 0.7.0 Released
- 2012-09-22 – The Bitcoin Foundation Launches
- 2012-11-16 – WordPress Makes Bitcoin History Accepting BTC
- 2012-11-28 – Bitcoin’s First Halving Day
Art details: Original digital hand painted motion art portraits (NOT computer generated). The ticker tape displays the historical daily price indexes recorded on this day.
Dimensions: 720 x 1080, Duration: 15 seconds
Created with Corel Painter, Adobe After Effects & Adobe Premiere
Artist: Denise Holt